Perth is currently at a cross roads. To ensure our future prosperity it is imperative that we develop great places to live, work and play. UDIA WA believes that there are six pillars to achieving this and ensuring that Perth remains a great place for all; we must support affordable housing delivery, streamline the planning system, lead creation of housing choice, invest in strategic infrastructure, foster a liveable city, and improve environmental outcomes.
These pillars offer many opportunities, but can also threaten to undermine Perth’s ability to be positioned as a great city if they are overlooked and issues are left unaddressed.
How are we currently performing in these six key areas? What needs to be done to ensure we can achieve great outcomes in each of the six areas, now and into the future? In a post-election environment, what does the future of residential development look like?
Join us to hear insights from industry leaders and join the discussion around the main issues and opportunities influencing the development industry in WA. Moderated by UDIA National President, Darren Cooper, the panel will feature;
- Affordable Housing; Michelle Andrews, Director General- Department of Communities
- Streamlined Planning System; Gail McGowan, Director General- Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
- Housing Choice; Col Dutton, General Manager, Communities WA- Stockland
- Infrastructure; Nicole Lockwood, Board Member- Infrastructure Australia
- Liveable Perth; Marion Fulker, CEO- Committee for Perth
- Environmental; Darren Walsh, CEO- Strategen Environmental
Date: 26 Jun 2019
Time: 7.30 - 9.30am
Location: Crown One Ballroom, Crown Perth (Great Eastern Hwy, Burswood WA 6100)