The goal is clear here in WA. The State Government has committed to net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. For the development industry, the impact is significant as we navigate increasingly complex approvals processes and aim to leave an enduring legacy in our communities.
Here lies the challenge for the built environment in achieving truly climate resilient places. How will we ensure our cities maintain liveability for residents, minimise the impact on the natural environment and maintain housing affordability and supply?
Hear from EPA Chair Professor Matthew Tonts as he addresses the industry for the first time on:
- What steps are the State Government taking to achieve Net Zero Carbon targets
- How can industry play a leadership role in making real progress towards the set targets
- How do we maintain liveability while making our communities resilient to coastal hazards, bushfire and providing water in a drying climate
Following Matthew’s opening comments will be an interactive panel discussion facilitated by Darren Walsh, Executive Director – Strategen-JBS&G, featuring industry experts:
- Vicki Lummer, President – Planning Institute of Australia WA (PIA WA)
- Dr Josh Byrne, Director – Josh Byrne & Associates
- Paul Lakey, Regional General Manager – Peet Ltd
PROUDLY HOSTED BY ENVIRONMENTAL PARTNER:
Date: 23 Jun 2021
Time: 7.30 - 9.30am
Location: Crown Perth (Great Eastern Hwy, Burswood WA 6100)